The Chainsmokers dethrone Drake “Chart Count”
The Chainsmokers dethrone Drake.
1) The Chainsmokers – Memories…Do Not Open: Debuting in the top spot is The Chainsmokers with their first ever full-length. They bump Drake from #1 with help from the likes of Coldplay, Jhene Aiko, and Florida Georgia Line. The EDM duo claim 221,176 TAEU (total album equivalent units) and 166,044 pure sales in their debut week.
2) Drake – More Life: Bumped back to #2 is Drake with More Life, his latest release. The “Passionfruit”-bearing playlist was at #1 for its first three weeks on the charts, and it still moves 107,715 TAEU and 10,382 sales.
3) Ed Sheeran – Divide: Down to #3 is Ed Sheeran’s Divide. Sheeran has the long-running #1 single in “Shape of You,” and clocks 69,712 TAEU with 27,459 sales this time around.
4) Joey Bada$$ – All-Amerikkkan Bada$$: Joey Bada$$ debuts at #5 with his newest release All-Amerikkkan Bada$$, an LP that features ScHoolboy Q, Styles P, and J. Cole, among others. The album puts 50,798 TAEU and 28,279 sales on the board in its debut week.
5) Bruno Mars — 24K Magic: At #6 is Bruno Mars’s 24K Magic. The album has spent 21 weeks on the charts, and peaked at #2, but couldn’t quite get to the top spot. This time around, the records does 45,485 TAEU and 18,205 sales.
6) Kodak Black — Painting Pictures: Kodak Black’s debut album is at #8 this week after debuting at #3 last week. The South Florida rapper claims 38,768 TAEU and 2,305 sales this time around.
7) Future — Future: When he isn’t making headlines at Coachella, he’s tearing up the charts. Future’s self-titled album released earlier this year is still in the top 10 – #9 to be exact – with 38,294 TAEU and 2,455 sales.
8) Migos — Culture: The Migos boys also were a hit at Coachella, and played on multiple stages despite not even being listed as performers. The trio moves 34,178 TAEU and 3,290 sales this week as they come in at #12 with Culture.
9) Post Malone — Stoney: Post Malone’s debut studio album Stoney is still rocking solid on the charts. This week the album drops just one spot and finds itself at #15 with 25,440 TAEU and 1,966 sales.
10) Big Sean – I Decided.: Big Sean’s latest studio release debuted at #1 ten weeks ago, and is still in the top 20. With features from Eminem, Migos, and more, the album has catapulted Sean into a tour of some super large venues in support.
With Ed Sheeran holding down the #1 slot on the Billboard Hot 100, Bruno Mars edged out Kendrick Lamar for the #2 spot. KYLE & Lil Yachty (#6), Future (#7), and Lil Uzi Vert (#8) all join them in the top 10. In terms of new joints, French Montana & Swae Lee’s “Unforgettable” debuts at #74 and YFN Lucci & PnB Rock’s “Everyday We Lit” debuts at #79. Drake leads all artists with nine appearances on the Hot 100.